Thursday, November 28, 2013

New

Hidden Beauty - Eindhoven NL 2013

Melbourne 88 or 89

Melbourne early 90's I think
I was fortunate to have a chance to do a quick piece as part of one of the Hidden Beauty projects in Eindhoven NL (top photo).
Naturally my preference is for trying new things, exploring and pushing personal boundaries a little, but had very little time on this one and in the rush kind of settled for what I knew. I like it a lot though, fast-ish and unforced.
The 2 old pieces pictured below it and thoughts on their relationship to it kept cropping up while painting...The permutations on the these 3 letters and approaches to them still manage to interest me...anyway... I'll save the theories/essay for another day....

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a small world. It's funny how you talk about "these 3 letters and approaches.." Your 'NEW' pieces have always interested me in a similar way, particularly the 88/89 piece. This recreation I did was not meant as a bite but as a way of respecting the work. I hope you like it. My mind fades in and out from those days but I have no doubt we crossed paths. Peace out.
    http://limit1.deviantart.com/art/New-DMA-105887100

    ReplyDelete